Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Starting Starchildren 2 (Definitely won't be the actual name)


      Started writing the sequel to Starchildren this past weekend. I only got about two pages in, but two pages can be a mountains worth when you’re beginning a new project. One thing I’ve noticed this time around is that the words are coming a little bit more confidently. The first book was one thing, and even though it was only about 173 pages, it was a huge one thing! I’m planning for this second one to be even longer
      Unlike what most people say, it’s not all about the length though right? I don’t think this one will be longer for the sake of pleasure though, but more so as a result of my newest goals. One of the glaringly obvious facts of the first Starchildren, let’s just call it SC, is that it’s plot driven.  Being plot driven isn’t a bad thing, oh not at all, there are only 50k words after all! It just is what it is. I had two goals in writing SC:
1.) Communicate a point to important people in my life.
2.) Finish the book.
Mission accomplished… and a damn good read too.
Goals for SC 2:
1.) Continue telling my story.
2.) Use more detail as well as continue with excellent & true plot to drive the story.
3.) Finish the book.
This is doable, totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment