Sunday, November 13, 2016

Emotions Return

I'm angry.

It's been a long time since I have felt this way, and I'm sure it was probably having to do with some girl or other self serving reason.  This time, I'm angry for and at the world.  This time, it's more than just me.

I've said this a million times to the people in my life, but I feel like I need to clarify on here as well. We are not mad the Hilary lost the election, we are not making up reasons to be upset, we do not accept this result.  We are mad that our president elect is sexist and racist, among other things, children really were affected by the things our future president said, it is a democratic nation's responsibility to standup and speak out.

One time tested truth about civil unrest is that high emotion leads to exceptional art. For me, I'm no longer worried about whether or not I'm going to remember to write; I spend more time trying to figure out what website I want to write to.

I'm excited.

It's been a long time since I have felt this way, and I'm sure it was probably having to do with some girl or other self serving reason. This time, I'm excited for and at the world.  This time, we need a revolution, or nothing will ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment